Friday, July 27, 2007

Driving License and Boredom

Only a blog could link these 2 topics together.....or this day in my life! I got up early today (and it had to be that comfortable cold exactly today!) and took the light rail to the DMV which could well have been in the other part of the world! And since there was a Grand Prix going on, the train did not go completely and I had to take a shuttle bus, which cost huge amounts of time! Luckily it was not in vain since I got my license passing in flying colors. I made only 2 mistakes! though only a driving test, I have not scored this high in a long time! And given how other things are at this time, I think I really needed this.
I am bored right now. Have not got the program to work. Have tried everything in my power, do not know what to do as the next step. No one seems to be helping me out, do not even know if it is fair to expect help. After all, I am getting paid to solve the problem. The usual disillusionment that accompanies failure looms at large :( And now I am bored. After working hard for the last 2 hours on what I thought was a nice way of attacking the problem, I surfed the net for the last 45 mins out of frustration when it did not work. I wonder how people get their codes to work? All I hear are people telling their code does not work one day, and the next they they have a smile on their face with it working! Why does that not happen to me :|
The usual dilemma of MBA vs PhD remains, more on that later.......both options seem great right now, and I know they will continue to look so until I decide to take either of them up, when the other will look better.
Heard this talk by Dan Gilbert (link later : google dan + gilbert + ted + talks) and it is a life changing talk.....and a hilarious talk yet awe inspiring in the depth of research. Have a meeting in 20 mins to justify my stay here for the last week, and this is what I do? Blog?
I wonder why I have lost enthu? Maybe if a small thing starts working, I will be able to get a lot done!! I am only scared of not achieving anything much in this internship. I mean, as Dad said, getting the project to a closure is very important. Will I manage to do that? I do not know. Will I manage to get anything accomplished in these 4 months? I do not know.
Will talk more on this after I get out of the meeting......

1 comment:

master blaster said...

I like it very much!!!

Come see my blog...:)